Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Point of 2011

You guys,

I have this crazy cumpulsion to clean twice a year: the two weeks after New Years and the week it finally hits 75 degrees outside. I call the latter spring cleaning, but apparently most people it summer cleaning. Whatthefuckever, for me 75 degrees is just warm enough to be acceptable. Summer is 99 degree days...

Anyways, with all this New Year cleaning, I've had a lot of time on my hands. So I've been doing some thinking about the new year and what that means for the future of The Point. I'm not really sure I figured everything out, but I came to a few conclusions:

1. This blog is my fear blog. For reals. I began writing it because I was scared I was a bad writer. And I don't post every week because What if my story for the week sucks? What if I edit it horribly? Ugh, that's so lame, don't you think? This year, I might give you something imperfect, but--with writing--something is always better than nothing.

2. I blog under an alias so I can talk about my real life experiences without my friends, acquantainces, enemies, frenimies and former flings freaking out. So--technically--I could tell you all some really messed up tales. I should probably tell them to you.

3. I don't know that I can write for you all every week. BUT, I'll try. We're going to nix that goal of Thursday though. I effing hate Thursdays! Just check the blog regularly and occasionally, you'll be rewarded with a new post.

4. Pictures. Let's start using pictures!
PINK FUCKING SKIES!!! (from electronicneonkiss)

And the format. Let's switch that up! I'm tired of the purple and blue bubbles and I'm already so sick of all this yellow. Ugh. Also, I'm going to set up a space where you kids can contact me. Because who knows what you might want to say? What if you are one of characters and you think I did you a real disservice in my story? What if you have a super fab photo I should post? What if you want to offer me a book deal (it could happen)? Or what if you remember that time I hired a stripper and you think I should write about it (More on that later...)?

Friends, it's 2011! It's a new year and time for a fresh start. So keep an eye out, because coming to you soon will be a better, brighter, prettier version of The Point!
from FuckYeah, Raainbows

Mad love,

Abernathy

1 comment:

  1. I like the new layout - it screams fresh and new and springy!

    I also agree that you should post more often. A very wise friend once told me you're absolutely not a writer until someone reads your work and that if someone has read your work, that makes you a writer.

    I like that sentiment.

    Also, please show some linkage love to theyearofthecivilwar.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete